Big Players FC
|Full name||Big Players Football Club|
|League||Saint Lucia Gold Division|
Retrieved from : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Players_FC
|Full name||Big Players Football Club|
|League||Saint Lucia Gold Division|
All Saint's church, Eagle
Eagle shown within Lincolnshire
|OS grid reference|
|Unitary authority||North Kesteven|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
|UK Parliament||Sleaford and North Hykeham (UK Parliament constituency)|
|List of places: UK • England • Lincolnshire|
Eagle is village in the North Kesteven district of Lincolnshire, England. It lies 7 miles (11 km) miles south-west from Lincoln and 2 miles (3.2 km) east from North Scarle, in the civil parish of Eagle and Swinethorpe.
The village has a primary school, post office, village hall, park, nursing home, playing field, and The Struggler public house.
The village main road is High Street, running roughly north-east to south-west. To the north of High Street the road to Scarle branches off towards the west; in the centre of the village Thorpe Road branches off towards the south-east. Church Lane on the west side of the village is a horseshoe loop joining High Street at both ends. Older maps show Green Lane, now a footpath, roughly parallel to High Street on its east.
There are three small housing estates: Falcon Close off Thorpe Lane, built in the 1960s; Hilltop Close off Scarle Lane, built in the 1970s; and Kestrel Rise off the southern High Street, built in the 1980s.
The areas and hamlets adjacent to the village are: Eagle Moor, north-east; Eagle Hall, south-west; and Eagle Barnsdale, south-east. The nearest villages are: Swinderby, south; North Scarle, west; and Thorpe on the Hill, east.
The name of the village originates from the Old English Aycle, translated as 'Oak wood'.
Eagle appears in the Domesday Book, which shows that in 1086 following the Norman Conquest, the landowners of the village were: Roger of Poitou (property formerly by Arnketill Barn), Durand Malet, Odo the Crossbowman (land formerly owned by Gunnketill), and Countess Judith (land formerly owned by Earl Waltheof of Northumbria). Eagle had a church and a priest. Countess Judith's manor had a value of £12. Countess Judith was a niece of King William I of England – she was the daughter of his half-sister Adelaide of Normandy and her husband Lambert II, Count of Lens. She was also the widow of Earl Waltheof of Northumbria (1072-75, the last of the Anglo-Saxon Earls of England) who she had betrayed over his part in the Revolt of the Earls, and who was executed in 1076.
A preceptory of The Knights Templar was founded in Eagle by King Stephen. In 1312 it passed to the Hospitallers and became one of only two infirmaries for Templars in England. Stephen's original endowment included the manor of Eagle and the churches of Eagle, Swinderby and Scarle.
Until their disbandment in 1312, the Knights Templar were major landowners on the higher lands of Lincolnshire where they had a number of preceptories on property which provided income while Temple Bruer was an estate on the Lincoln Heath, believed to have been used also for military training. The preceptories from which the Lincolnshire properties were managed were:
|Enterobacter aerogenes |
E. aerogenes is a nosocomial and pathogenic bacterium that causes opportunistic infections including most types of infections. Enterobacter species can also cause various community-acquired infections. Some strains can become very treatment resistant, a result of their colonization within hospital environments. However, the majority are sensitive to most antibiotics designed for this bacteria class.
Some of the infections caused by E. aerogenes result from specific antibiotic treatments, venous catheter insertions, and/or surgical procedures. E. aerogenes is generally found in the human gastrointestinal tract and does not generally cause disease in healthy individuals. It has been found to live in various wastes, hygienic chemicals, and soil. The bacterium also has some commercial significance – the hydrogen gas produced during fermentation has been experimented with using molasses as the substrate.
It may spoil maple sap and syrup.
One possible identification code generated by testing E. aerogenes using an API strip is 5 305 773 and Enterotube strip is 3 6 3 6 1. .
|Occupation||Former EVP of News Corporation |
CEO of News International, EVP and GM of New York Post
|Spouse||Alene Joy Brown, m. 1962|
|Children||Son, David; daughter, Vicki (1965)|
|Parents||John O'Neill |
William Alan O'Neill (born May 22, 1936) is the Australian-American former media executive who, in a 50-year career, held multiple positions within News Corporation, including two separate terms as head of News International, a Director on the company's main board, and Executive Vice President of News Corporation with global responsibility for human resources.
In 1952 he commenced a six-year apprenticeship as a hand and machine compositor with Truth and Sportsman, publisher of the Sydney Daily Mirror. After completing his apprenticeship and military draft commitment in the Australian Army, he traveled to the United States, where in 1958, he joined the International Typographical Union in San Francisco. He returned to Australia and the Daily Mirror as a Linotype operator just before the company was bought by Rupert Murdoch. He brought an interest in trade unionism with him from America and became a vice president of the New South Wales branch of the Printing Industries Employees' Union of Australia. Disenchanted with union politics, he joined a research and development team within Murdoch's News Limited and after a short time was selected to lead the company's industrial relations.
In 1981 he was sent to London to negotiate with the Fleet Street unions. A successful agreement allowed Rupert Murdoch to purchase The Times and Sunday Times. O'Neill and fellow British negotiator, John Collier, were named Joint General Managers of Times Newspapers Limited and appointed to its board.
In 1983 he negotiated with the print unions for their entry to the new print center at Wapping. Talks broke down and he took over duties in New York as Vice President/Labor Relations at News America. His responsibilities involved the New York Post, the Boston Herald, the San Antonio Express-News and the Chicago Sun-Times.
In 1985 he was sent back to London to again negotiate with the print unions regarding Wapping. These talks were unsuccessful and led to the 13-month long Wapping dispute.
Most of 1986 saw him fulfilling the role of General Manager at the New York Post and meeting with the British unions in an attempt to bring the strike to an end. At the beginning of 1987 he took over as Managing Director of News International, responsible for The Times, the Sunday Times, The Sun, the News of the World and later, the Today newspaper.
He was appointed to the News Corporation Board of Directors that year and served until 1990. He transferred management of News International to Gus Fischer and returned to the United States at the beginning of 1990 to lead News Corporation's global human resources program. O'Neill testified before a U.S. Congressional Committee in 1991 as an expert witness on the Striker Replacement Bill. In 1993 he led the management team negotiating with the unions that led to News Corporation reacquiring the New York Post. That year he became a United States citizen.
In 1995 he was back at Wapping, this time as CEO, while a management reshuffle was effected. At year's end he handed over control of News International to incoming chairman, Les Hinton.
Until his retirement in 2002, he continued in his role as News Corporation's Executive Vice President of Human Resources. He left the company exactly 50 years from the day he started on the Sydney Daily Mirror as a 15-year-old apprentice.
In July 2011, at the height of the phone hacking scandal at the News of the World, he was contacted by the BBC's Business Daily Program and interviewed on his years with News Corporation and his impression of Rupert Murdoch's contribution to the newspaper publishing industry.
He married Alene Joy Brown in February 1962. They live in San Antonio, Texas, near son, David and daughter, Vicki. He is a lifetime member of the American Australian Association.
Dredge drag head is used by a trailing hopper suction dredger to collect sand from the sea floor.
The dredge drag head is a steel structure that is connected to the dredger by a suction pipe. Supported by the gantries and by using hydraulic winches the dredge drag head and suction pipe are let down on the sea bottom in order to suck a mixture of water and sand.
In order to dredge in waves, the suction pipe is suspended from special davits, which operate with heavy compensation to ensure that the drag head nozzles stay in contact with the sea bed. The control of mixture of water and sand is done by a so called dredge drag head visor. The visor controls the amount of water enters together with the sand. In some cases this visor is hydraulically controlled during dredging.
To cut the sea bed the dredge drag head is equipped with replaceable teeth and water jet nozzles. The nozzles are placed at the beginning of the dredge drag head and used to cut the sand at the sea bed in vertical direction while the replaceable teeth are place at the end of the dredge drag head to cut the sand on horizontal direction.
|Location||Sargodha Road, Pindi Bhattian |
|Official site |
Status of Mill
Crescent Bahuman Limited (Urdu: کریسنٹ باہومان لمیٹڈ) is one of the cotton and jeans mills in Pakistan. It is located on the Sargodha road near town Thatta Khero Matmal in Pindi Bhattian Tehsil. This mill is after the name of a village Bahuman in Hafizabad District.
Its products are sold on International level.
|Full name||Robert Alfred Davidson|
|Date of birth||18 Oct 1926|
|Place of birth||Newcastle, New South Wales|
|Date of death||1992|
|Place of death||Brisbane|
|School||Newcastle Tech High|
|Occupation(s)||Oil Company CEO|
|Rugby union career|
|Years||Club / team|
|Eastern Suburbs RUFC |
|Years||Club / team||Caps||(points)|
|Years||Club / team||Caps||(points)|
Robert Alfred Lewars Davidson (1926-1992) was an Australian rugby union footballer of the 1940s and 50s. A State and national representative prop-forward he made thirteen Test appearances and forty-nine additional tour match appearances for the Wallabies, captaining the national side in six Tests matches from 1957-58.
Davidson attended Newcastle Technical High School and was school captain as well as rugby XV captain. He attended Sydney Teachers College from 1945-47 and played in the College's rugby team while training to become a science teacher. He joined the Gordon RFC in Sydney in 1947 making first-grade appearances from that year but cementing his place in the top-grade as a front-rower in 1949.
His representative debut came for NSW in 1952 when he selected to meet a touring Fijian side. His strong performance saw him elevated to the national side for the two Test series against those same visitors played in Sydney under captain John Solomon. For the next six years Davidson was a regular in the Australian pack. He made the 1952 tour to New Zealand playing in seven of the ten matches including the two Test matches against the All Blacks, the first of which the Wallabies won. He was selected for the 1953 tour to South Africa playing in fifteen games. He made only one Test appearance there of the four played, with selectors opting for Nick Shehadie and Colin Forbes up front.
In 1957 he was selected for two domestic Test matches against the visiting All Blacks and then later in the year was honoured with the captaincy of the touring squad for the epic eight month 1957–58 Australia rugby union tour of Britain, Ireland and France.
Versatile back Dick Tooth had made ten Test appearances for Australia before the tour and had captained the Wallabies well in two 1957 Tests against the All Blacks. Howell expresses a view that it was inexplicable that Tooth was not selected for the tour and not named as captain and partially blames this for the disappointing tour result. However Howell also writes that Davidson possessed outstanding qualities to make him a natural touring captain. He was a born leader of men, was immensely popular, he met people well, was highly intelligent and spoke well in public. He played in thirty-two of the forty-one tour games and did everything in his power to make the tour a success. The Wallabies won twenty-two, lost sixteen and drew three of the matches played. They lost all five Tests of the tour under Davidson's captaincy.
On his return to Australia Davidson captained both New South Wales and the Wallabies matches in 1958 against the New Zealand Māori rugby union team before retiring at the end of that year.
On the club front he captained the Gordon RFC to Shute Shield first-grade premierships in 1952, 1956 and 1958. He was the coach of the club from 1956 till 1961 and was Club President for a period from 1964.
|Spoken in||Mali, Burkina Faso|
|Language family||Niger–Congo ?|
|ISO 639-3||either: |
dux – West Duun
dnn – East Duun
|Note: This page may contain IPA phonetic symbols in Unicode.|
There are two principal varieties of Duun, West Duun, or Duungooma (aka Du, Samogho-sien) in Mali, and East Duun in Burkina Faso. These are clearly distinct by have a reasonable degree of mutual intelligibility with each other and with (Bankagooma). Dialects of East Duun, Kpan (Kpango, Samoro-guan) and Dzùùngoo (Samogo-iri), are easily intelligible.
|Mayor||Volkmar Kunze (FDP)|
|Area||87.15 km (33.65 sq mi)|
|Elevation||160 m (525 ft)|
|Population||31,556 (31 December 2010)|
|- Density||362 /km (938 /sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Postal codes||06712, 06724, 06727|
|Area codes||03441, 034423, 034426|
|Website||German: Stadt Zeitz|
Zeitz is a town in the Burgenlandkreis district, in Saxony-Anhalt, Germany. It is situated on the river Weiße Elster, in the middle of the triangle of the federal states Saxony-Anhalt, Thuringia and Saxony.
Zeitz was first recorded under the name Cici in the synode of Ravenna in 967. Between 965 and 982, it was the chief fortress of the March of Zeitz. Between 968 and 1028 Zeitz was a bishops residence which has later been laid to Naumburg. But since the end of the 13th century the bishops were again residing in their castle at Zeitz. The Herrmannsschacht (Built in 1889) is one of the oldest brick factories in the world.
A bombing target of the Oil Campaign of World War II, the BRABAG plant northeast of Zeitz used lignite coal to synthesize Ersatz oil – forced labor was provided by the nearby Wille subcamp of Buchenwald in Rehmsdorf and Gleina. In the middle of the 1960s work started on the "Zeitz-Ost" residential area, and in the mid-1980s, housing estates such as the "Völkerfreundschaft" (English: International Friendship) were built.
The town was an industrial centre until 1989/90. On the 18th August 1976, the Protestant clergyman Oskar Brüsewitz from burnt himself to death in front of the Michaeliskirche. This was a protest against the DDR system and was one of the roots of the 1989 uprising.
Zeitz sights are predominantly situated along the Romanesque Road (point 52).
Dragomir R. Radev is a University of Michigan computer science professor working on natural language processing and information retrieval. He is currently working on the fields of open domain question answering, multi-document summarization, and the application of NLP in Bioinformatics and Political Science.